Although it is too late to enter this year, it is not too late to plan for next year!
Keep your eye on this contest. Not only will your library be enriched by the programs that you provide, your budget will be rewarded as well!
“Innovative libraries engage students and improve literacy
The Follett Challenge invites the education community to promote the role that school libraries play in encouraging and developing information literacy and student engagement.”
“Recognizing the strong link between library programs and student success, Follett Corporation created the Follett Challenge to find the best innovations in school libraries. The contest advocates for the role librarians play as champions of school programs that drive student achievement.“
“In the end, six winning school library programs will be rewarded with the cash-equivalent of products and services from Follett to do even more to enhance student performance. Follett’s many offerings include books, audiovisual materials and electronic resources from Follett Library Resources; automated library, resource, and learning management solutions from Follett Software; and pre-owned textbooks, workbooks and other supplemental classroom materials from Follett Educational Services.”
“The Follett Challenge invites the education community to promote the role that school libraries play in encouraging and developing information literacy and student engagement.”
Ideas to Get you Started
How are you:
- Turning your library into the central hub for learning in your school?
- Collaborating with classroom teachers and other areas throughout the schools?
- Promoting literacy and a love of reading with your school library program?
- Integrating digital media with traditional library resources to engage students and promote 21st century learning skills?
- Making a positive impact on learning?
- Using technology to innovate the traditional library?
Check out what is happening in this library!